Power rankings are silly. We always fight over which team should be in certain spots when, ultimately, it really doesn’t matter. So we made our own silly “pointless rankings” about the things that went on in the league in the past week. This feature will be on every Monday.
Disagree with these rankings? We already said that these were silly. I put them where I feel they belong.
1) Sweet 16 For The Warriors: I don’t know what else is there to say. They just keep winning. And Steve Kerr is looking more and more of a genius as the days go by.
Andrew Bogut is, however, lost to injury in the meantime. The lack of that defensive anchor may bite them in one of these games. But right now, they’re riding high on this 16-game heaven.
2) Nick Young Is A Treasure: I mean, the guy takes “awesome” to another level. He’ll cross up somebody and do a huge stepback three. He’ll steal the show by making the game-winning three while Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan are trying to get up the scoring list.
And he also wants to make the sequel to Kazaam? Thank all the gods for Swaggy P!
3) Kobe Bryant Becomes #3 On The NBA All-Time Scoring List: It’s a great accomplishment, no doubt. And he’s one better than Michael Jordan on the list so he can take that to his grave. However, you do get the feeling that had Jordan played 20 years himself, Jordan would probably be #2 or even #1 on the list.
So Kobe will be #3 on this list, too!
4) Griffin Force: Blake’s had an awesome week, too. He jammed down what was probably the best dunk of the year so far. Then he got the friendly bounce on the game-winning three against the Suns. Plus he had a HORSE shot against the Pacers.
What can’t he do? Oh, he needs to hit Hollywood or something.
5) Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show: What?
6) Tyson Chandler’s Shoe Rejection: Mo Speights lost his shoe on the court. Then Stephen Curry picked it up and tried to toss it back to Speights… except Chandler swatted it away. That’s why he was Defensive Player of the Year at one time!
7) Tobias Harris Always Does Last Things At The Last Second: Tobias nixed the Hawks’ winning streak with a buzzer-beating J. He did that against Philadelphia, too. STOP GIVING THE MAGIC FANS HEART ATTACKS.
9) Timofey Mozgov’s Endorsement For All-Star Berth For Ty Lawson: “Because he’s a good dude.” This video seemed so random and bizarre.
10) Corey Brewer Takes 47 Steps Before Dunking: Brewer proved that there is no traveling in the NBA.
Warriors pic from Getty Images.