Power rankings are silly. We always fight over which team should be in certain spots when, ultimately, it really doesn’t matter. So we made our own silly “pointless rankings” about the things that went on in the league in the past week or so. This feature is usually on every Monday but since we knew there were no games today, we decided to hold off until Christmas Eve for this week.
Disagree with these rankings? We already said that these were silly. I put them where I feel they belong.
1) Blank Space: Rajon Rondo Version: You know that we love Taylor Swift. Personally, I’m not the biggest fan of parodies. But the guys at Baller Ball did an outstanding rewrite of Blank Space and related the whole song to Rajon Rondo, who was traded to the Dallas Mavericks last week. Take a listen and appreciate the creativity of these people.
I wonder what Jimmy Butler thinks of that.
2) Nene Posterizes Nikola Mirotic: This dunk was REALLY MEAN.
— Rey-Rey (@TheNoLookPass) December 21, 2014
YOU CANNOT RESIST THAT.
4) SVG Is Hip-Hop: Okay, not really hip hop but that was some balls by Stan Van Gundy to release Josh Smith. Smith has an insanely expensive contract (which gets a bit easier because of the cap getting larger) and the Pistons just straight-out cut him. If that isn’t a boss move by Stan Van Gundy, I don’t know what is.
5) Vince Carter Can Still Dunk: He puts one over Rudy Gobert. Then we realize that 7-foot Frenchmen’s kryptonite is Vince Carter.
6) Serge Ibaka Does The Mutombo Finger Wag: We need more players to be showmen. That and the balance of power between conferences are the only things I’m down about with the league. Oh, and the mounting injuries, especially on stars.
7) TNT Inside The Crew Rapping With Nicki Minaj: This is painful and hilarious at the same time.
8) The New Toronto Raptors Logo: The logo looks okay but it looks too similar to the Brooklyn Nets logo. The Nets recognized it themselves and called them out on it.
But I still like the “We The North” battle cry.
9) #NoGifts NBA Commercial: Watching it more and more, I think the NBA could’ve done so much better. Sorry.
10) Brandon Jennings’ Offensive Awareness: Just watch. And cry.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everybody!
Rajon Rondo pic courtesy of Getty Images.