Power rankings are silly. We always fight over which team should be in certain spots when, ultimately, it really doesn’t matter. So we made our own silly “pointless rankings” about the things that went on in the league in the past week. This feature will be on every Monday.
Disagree with these rankings? We already said that these were silly. I put them where I feel they belong.
1) Philadelphia 76ers Are Winning: Not one… but TWO games.
They’re actually only half a game behind the Detroit Pistons (who they beat last Saturday) and a full game behind the New York Knicks. This really only tells me one thing that I already knew: gosh, the Eastern Conference is REALLY bad.
Anyway, way to finally win games, Sixers. By the way, the restarting of the Sixers/Wolves game probably gave them a new lease in life. Yay for mulligans!
2) Golden State Warriors: The Dubs have won 12 straight and are making a mockery of their opponents. I want to apologize to Steve Kerr, who seems to have everything going right now for the Warriors.
The scary thing is that the Western Conference is so tough that they STILL could be a first-round out. Hey, don’t threaten to cut my fingers off, Warriors fans…
3) Amare Stoudemire Can Throw It Down: Stoudemire used to be a master of poster dunks… and Anderson Varejao was the poster boy of getting posterized. 2014 Stoudemire was able to do this on poor Varejao. And then I cried, realizing this could be the last Amare poster dunk.
Prove me wrong, Amare.
4) Monta Ellis Buzzerbeater: This was just a wacky game-winner by Ellis, who may have traveled beforehand, depending on who you ask. I think he didn’t but you should just give him the shot for the degree of difficulty of that jumper.
5) Giannis Antetokounmpo Dunks On Chris Bosh: I thought dinosaurs were extinct but Giannis made sure they totally were after this slam.
6) Austin Rivers Pulls Blake Griffin’s Shorts Down: I just wanna know: how and why?
7) Blimp Crashes Into Crowd In Blazers Game: Only in Portland. Seriously.
8) Internet Acronyms I Really (Don’t) Want To Know: Wow. This is heavy stuff. I really should use “IWSN” more often, which I have never heard of until I read that article.
9) Detroit Pistons: For being the second team to lose to Philly.
10) Minnesota Timberwolves: For being the first team to lose to Philly.
Sixers pic from Getty Images.