Power rankings are silly. We always fight over which team should be in certain spots when, ultimately, it really doesn’t matter. So we made our own silly “pointless rankings” about the things that went on in the league in the past week or so (this time around, it’ll be from Christmas on to last night). This feature is usually on every Monday. Sorry that we skipped out last week but we love to celebrate the holidays, ya know.
Disagree with these rankings? We already said that these were silly. I put them where I feel they belong.
1) Detroit Pistons, Post-Josh Smith: So addition by subtraction. Andre Drummond has been playing better and so has Brandon Jennings. In the meantime, Rockets are 3-3 since they got Josh. Let’s keep an eye on that.
3) Steven Adams and Nick Collison Are Manly: This handshake is everything.
4) Kevin Durant Returns And Promptly Scores 44 Points: He’s definitely making up for lost time.
5) Shaq Crashes Into Christmas Tree: Title says it all.
6) A Gronking To Remember: On the football side (well, not really), there is a Rob Gronkowski Erotica Series. For reals. You read the description and you figure it out from there.
7) National Bureau of Assists: This Cliff Paul stuff has jumped the shark as other professional basketball players got twin siblings.
However, John Stockton has never looked this cool. Er, Don.
10) Omer Asik Helps Spurs Send Game To Overtime: Except Asik plays for the Pelicans. Tipping in a basket for your opponent to send the game to OT is the worst. (It happened in college the night before, too!)
We love you, Stuart Scott. Rest in peace.
Brandon Jennings pic courtesy of Getty Images.