After getting Shanghaied into that bachelor party (and who wouldn’t have to be dragged kicking and screaming to a party at the Playboy Mansion just to make a bad Unknown in China joke?), illustrious TNLP writer BC may or may not have made it to the actual wedding. What we do know as the tiki torches fade and the chosen few fade into the LA night is the Odom-Kardashian wedding did, in fact go down. TMZ, which has been all over the story, and even unearthed Odom’s babies’ mama who kept the kids at home, noted mere hours before the ceremony took place that Odom rush Karl Malone’d a prenuptual agreement, which keeps all this a little sane in my opinion, really. Good move Candyman.
Post nuptuals, we must turn to two highly reliable sources for word on how the even went down. First, of course, we have testimony wrapped almost as neatly as a John Stockton assist from E!-online, which let’s face it is the corporate power pimping this whole thing for its dual Kardashian shows. Here are the essentials from the E!-sponsored article (my comments in italics):
- Khloe “wore a tiered strapless Vera Wang gown, accented with a lavender sash. She carried white roses and was escorted down the aisle by stepdad Bruce Jenner, with sisters Kim and Kourtney at her side, while a 10-piece orchestra played in the background.” Hakeem Olajuwon juh-reamy!
- Odom’s best man was close friend and business partner Jamie Sangouthai, and other groomsmen were Rob Kardashian, and Robert Davis, Alex Harris, Lester Knispel and Jeff Schwartz. That means, no team mates and no later locker room bickering.
- “Lakers coach Phil Jackson, team general manager Mitch Kupchak and Odom’s fellow pro ballers Ron Artest, Derek Fisher, Luke Walton and Sasha Vujacic were also headed for the big-and-tall table at the black-tie reception following the ceremony.” I don’t think I need to add anything to that.
- “Khloé donned a clingy, one-shoulder white dress for the party. Her hubby lost the jacket and the newlyweds enjoyed a first dance to Anita Baker‘s ‘Angel.’” Maybe I broke out the Dream Shake too soon.
- “Still gleaming on Khloé’s left hand was the 9-carat diamond ring Lamar bought her after a whirlwind courtship that began just this summer when they met at a party.” What, he couldn’t afford a 24-carat diamond with that new contract? Do they make diamonds like that?
- The “real” (sigh) bachelor party was held at STK in West Hollywood. Besides the expected attendees, Kourtney Kardashian’s boyfriend Scott Disick also was present. What a name.
- The cake was from local bakery Hansen’s Cake, and “in honor of the groom’s notorious sweet tooth, bowls of candy were laid out.”
- The musical highlight of the night seemed to be Babyface’s rendition of “You Are So Beautiful.”
With that note, we turn to twitter for our most reliable source of info.
- TheJetOnTNT Didn’t do the pics y’all! Respected their wishes. But yes all the Lakers was there.. Highlight was Babyface singing though
- TheJetOnTNT Paparazzi was crazy ! Helicopters badoodles!
- KDonhoops Help. RT @TheJetOnTNT: Just left Lamars wedding! Very elegant.. Wouldn’t expect anything else from queens cat!
- AlAllDay If god can create the world in 7 days he can create love in 30.
Jay Leno says, “Twitter is incredibly annoying. It’s also incredibly rich. It’s like the Paris Hilton of websites.” I don’t know about all that, but 1 o’clock a.m. in Hawai’i means time for go hiamoe! (sleep, ya bible-carryin’ non-heathens.) Dream a little dream of candy and Kardashians, folks. Ooh, if they have a baby girl, they should call her Kandy Kardashian!